Video is indeed one of the biggest enemies of storage space on your iPhone. The iPhone camera is famous for its excellent quality, so the video file size is quite large. many people ask about how to reduce video size on iPhone. One way to reduce video size on iPhone is to compress it. Now you can compress video size on iPhone easily and without reducing the video quality. So even though the size is reduced, you can still enjoy the video comfortably.
Currently, there is an easy way of how to reduce video size on iPhone devices without having to reduce video quality. You can compress videos without reducing the quality of existing videos so you can enjoy them comfortably. Maybe a lot of people still don’t know what compress video means; therefore, we will explain it first.
Definition of Compress Video
Compressing video is always associated with the compression of digital video data. This activity is often required for efficient coding of videos in video file formats or streaming video formats. Compress video is a conversion of data to a smaller format. So that data can be stored or sent more efficiently.
While the process of returning data that has been reduced is called decompression, if the decompression process obtains the same results as the original data, then the compression is called lossless. Meanwhile, if the decompressed data produces more minor data, it is called lossy. You can compress video on various devices, whether PC, Android, or iPhone. Now you understand what compress video is. For those of you who want to know how to compress video on iPhone, you can do the following steps:
How to Reduce Video Size on iPhone
The easiest way how to reduce video size on iPhone is to use a third-party compress application. Video Compress is a free application on iOS devices that allows users to compress videos into smaller ones without reducing video quality. You don’t need to configure complex options in the compressed video activity. You load the video you have on the application. Furthermore, the application will reduce the size of your video. Here are some steps of how to reduce video size on iPhone using third-party applications, including:
- The first step, download and install the Video Compress application on your iPhone.
- Then open the application and tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Settings menu. Then select a file format from Export File Type. Your video will be saved in this format.
- Return to the main view, tap the only screen icon, and select the video you want to compress from your phone gallery.
- Leave the frame rate as high as possible on the screen compression setting. Then use the Dimensions of the Video Slider to change the video as you wish.
- It’s important to note that the slider automatically maintains the correct dimensional proportions so that you won’t get a video in a different aspect ratio than the original video.
- Then you will see a slider that allows you to adjust the compression level of the video.
- Drag the slider to see the resulting size. When the size is appropriate, then tap on the top right corner.
- Wait for the app to compress your video, then tap save.
That’s how to reduce video size on iPhone practically and efficiently. The quality of the footage you get will remain the same as before and the process will not take a long time. We hope this tutorial provides great benefits.